Dr. Gary Lederman is proud of his twenty years of service to the Long Island community. Following completion of his graduate level research at the University of Rochester in 1977 and his study at the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine in 1981, Dr. Lederman has served his patients and served his country in the United States Air Force.
Extensive post-graduate continuing education is a hallmark of Dr. Lederman’s post-graduate philosophy and it’s reflected in the care his patients receive. His post-graduate study includes the study and application of neuromuscular dentistry, implant dentistry, biomimetic dentistry, cosmetic dentistry and prosthetic dentistry.
In his leisure time, Dr. Lederman loves to sail or windsurf on the waters of Long Island. He also enjoys good food, good wine, reading and the theater.
- USAF Regional Medical Center Keesler AFB - Biloxi, MS 1981-1982
- Completed a one-year general practice dental residency program
- University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine - 1977-1981
- Graduated with honors in undergraduate periodontics
- Completed graduate level research in periodontics and oral microbiology - University of Rochester - 1973-1977.
- BA Biology/Psychology
- US Air Force 1981-1984.
- Three-year tour of duty, with select assignment to a remote base in Turkey, and the Pentagon
- Resigned commission in 1984 to pursue private practice
- Private employment 1984-1986
- Private practice with employment in several offices on LI and NYC, Bellmore, NY 1986-present
- American Dental Association
- NYS Dental Society
- First District Dental Society (NY)
- Nassau and Suffolk County Dental Societies
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Integrated Dental Study Club
- Academy of General Dentistry